Our Trail Master sessions are designed for very experienced mountain bikers who may have one or two skills missing from their toolbox, but are already able to ride with high levels of confidence, control and commitment.
We work on a one-to-one or two-to-one basis as the coaching input required (observation, analysis, feedback) is too high to run larger groups effectively at this level.
You will work with your coach to identify any weaknesses, be they physical or physiological, correct them and apply good practice with their constant support.
Where appropriate we utilise video coaching for more effective analysis of your riding style.
The following examples show you the kind of sessions we can deliver as part of a Trail Master course:
- Advanced cornering
- Climbing skills
- Descending steep terrain
- Pumping, flow and energy management
- Manuals, rear wheel lifts & powered front-wheel lifts
- Bunny hops & lateral bunny hops
- Rolling, manual and wheelie drops
- Tackling rocks & roots
If you would like to look at other areas please call our team of experts to discuss your needs on 0333 121 2125 to discuss your needs.
Is this course right for me?
Please read the following description. If this sounds like you, then you're perfect for this course:
If you have never received any professional mountain bike coaching before, we strongly suggest that you join a Level 2 Singletrack Improver course and practice regularly for at least a month to consolidate the learnings before booking this course
- You are already confident and competent in all aspects of our Level 2 course - Singletrack Improver
- You have significant experience of riding off road and will have tried red and perhaps black graded singletrack trails before at a trail centre or similar venue
- You have your own mountain bike (we have bikes available to hire if your bike is not available)
- You can already ride confidently on moderately steep, narrow singletrack trails with large rocks, root fans, steps, rollable drop-offs and other technical trail features
- You can already execute a proper Weight Shift Manual. If you are in any doubt please attend a Singletrack Improver course first
- You exercise more than twice a week and at least two of these sessions is on a bike
- You can ride steep terrain at a steady pace
- You can ride for five to six hours comfortably in a day
If this sounds a little beyond your current skill and fitness level, please choose our Singletrack Improver course instead or have a look at our choosing the right course FAQ page.
With a professional British Cycling instructor watching your every move, it's surprising how many faults they can find
Mark Walters - York
At the end of your course you will receive
- Personalised Feedback
to remind you of your performance on your course
- An Action Plan
your coach will tell you what you need to do after your course to consolidate your new skills and progress your mountain biking into the future
- 30 Days Free Support
if you have any questions about what you've learned or need any other advice
Price for 1-2 riders
Monday - Friday
Weekends & Bank Holidays
Book by phone
Please give us a call to discuss your requirements
+44 (0) 333 12 12 125*
Our booking lines are open from 08:00-11:00 & 14:00-17:00 every day except Wednesdays and Sundays
Please read and understand our terms and conditions before making a booking
*calls charged at the standard UK rate
Trail Master sessions are available throughout the year in The Surrey Hills.