1-2-1 Coaching Sessions
If you are looking for 1-2-1 mountain bike skills tuition our coaches are available for hire on a private basis.
Private tuition gives you the option of working on your particular problems and difficulties for as long as you wish. So if you're lacking confidence on slippery roots, shiver at the thought of a rocky drop-off or just want help in finding your flow, book a private coaching session for yourself.
We also have private group coaching and private mountain bike guiding sessions available.
Coaching session ideas
Have a look a few ideas on how you could spend your 1-2-1 session with us.
General coaching sessions
The following general sessions are available for private tuition:
Technique focussed sessions
Or you could focus on a specific skill or weakness.
- Bunny hops and lateral bunny hops
- Climbing; skills and efficiency
- Manuals, rear wheel lifts and powered front-wheel lifts
- Mountain bike navigation
(including refreshers for CTC, MIAS & British Cycling leaders)
- Rolling, manual and wheelie drops-offs
- Steep terrain
- Tackling rocks, roots and steps
- Trail flow and energy management
- Wheelies and manuals
Specific goal for personal advancement, biking holidays, events & racing
Or maybe a session with looking towards a specific goal?
- Adventure racing skills
- Alpine holiday pre-flight skills primer
- Enduro racing skills
- Mock assessments for CTC and British Cycling leaders and coaches
- Roadie to mountain biker conversion course
- Skills upgrade - blue up to red graded trails
- Skills upgrade - red up to black graded trails
- UK trail centre holiday skills primer
- XC racing skills
Please call us on 0333 121 2125 if you would like to look at something that is not covered by this list of ideas.
At the end of your course you will receive
- Personalised Feedback
to remind you of your performance on your course
- An Action Plan
your coach will tell you what you need to do after your course to consolidate your new skills and progress your mountain biking into the future
- 30 Days Free Support
if you have any questions about what you've learned or need any other advice
- Duration (half day) - 3½ hours
- Duration (full day) - 6 hours
- Coaching ratio - 1:1
- Fitness - Basic fitness (min)
- Technical grade - Any
Course grading explained
Half day pricing
Full day pricing
Book by phone
Please give us a call to discuss your requirements
+44 (0) 333 12 12 125*
Our booking lines are open from 08:00-11:00 & 14:00-17:00 every day except Wednesdays and Sundays
Please read and understand our terms and conditions before making a booking
*calls charged at the standard UK rate
Our professionally qualified coaches are available for private hire throughout the year in The Surrey Hills.